(WCB) Incumbent in the Workers’ Compensation Examiner job title series who performs examining work, applying knowledge of law and of Board rules, regulations, policies and procedures to compensation and disability benefit case information. Among the actions regarding workers’ compensation cases that Examiners may perform:
- determining whether a case should be indexed;
- evaluating claim forms and developing information required by judges for case decisions;
- requesting information (by phone, letter, etc.) needed for case development;
- evaluating whether a compensation case may be processed on an informal calendar;
- referring appropriate cases to the conciliation process; and
- preparing formal notices of decision based on judge’s directions.