What Do You Do If You Are Injured in a Construction Site Accident in New York?

Construction sites that follow OSHA guidelines and safety regulations try to prevent any accidents to the site and its workers.  But what do you if you are unexpectedly injured on a construction work site??

The Injury Report

First, inform the site supervisor of the injury and the status of the injured.  The supervisor is required to file a report about the accident.  If the injury is severe, medical attention will be immediately sought first.  The report will include the causes, factors, and conditions of when the accident occured.  Try to report every detail to your supervisor.  The report will probably come up during your claim.

Medical Examination and Treatment

If discharged from the hospital, keep all records of evaluations and examinations that the hospital performed. Then, seek the medical attention from your private or family doctor and be forthcoming about any injury or pain that you feel.  During these trying times, it is also important that you keep thorough records of all days off.

Contact an Experienced Lawyer

The Construction Accident Attorneys at The Orlow firm have been defending Construction Accident victims in New York  since 1981. With extensive experience on various practice areas, including truck and bus accidents, we are the best choice to handle your case. We have received millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We know how to protect your rights and ensure that you and your family are fairly compensated.

If you have been injured in a construction accident, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your rights to compensation.

Call us today at (646) 647-3398.